SKYLIGHT & DORMER Installation
Professional installation of Skylights and Dormer Windows Across Swindon, Chippenham Devizes & Surrounding Areas
Skylight and Dormer Installers in Swindon & Wiltshire
Skylights bring light to an otherwise dark space often with a sloping roof. They are roughly cost a tenth of what a dormer window will set you back. These can be opened and closed and have blinds, manual or electric.
Dormer windows are installed on a sloping side of a roof give space in the room as well as light as it protrudes outwards. Dormer windows are installed vertically.
RFPM Roofing Are Professional, qualified dormer and skylight installers. Based in Swindon, we cover the whole of Wiltshire. If you are looking to transform that wasted attic or loft space, please feel free to get in touch.
The Benefits of Skylight Windows
Skylights offer a number of benefits, including:
- Natural light: Skylights let in natural light, which can improve mood, reduce stress, and boost productivity.
- Ventilation: Skylights can also provide ventilation, which can help to improve air quality and reduce the risk of mold and mildew growth.
- Energy efficiency: Skylights can help to reduce energy costs by passively heating and cooling your home.
- Increased resale value: Skylights can increase the resale value of your home.
- Improved appearance: Skylights can brighten up a room and make it feel more spacious.
However, there are also some potential drawbacks to skylights, including:
- Leaks: If not properly installed, skylights can leak.
- Glare: Skylights can cause glare, which can be a problem for people who work on computers or watch TV.
- Heat gain: Skylights can let in heat, which can make a room feel warmer in the summer.
- UV damage: Skylights can let in UV rays, which can damage furniture and carpets.
Overall, skylights offer a number of benefits, but it is important to weigh the pros and cons before deciding whether or not to install one.
Here are some additional things to consider when thinking about skylights:
- The type of skylight you choose will affect the amount of light and ventilation it provides.
- The location of the skylight is also important. Skylights that are placed in south-facing roofs will let in more heat than those that are placed in north-facing roofs.
- The size of the skylight will also affect the amount of light and ventilation it provides.
- Skylights need to be properly installed to prevent leaks.
- Skylights should be cleaned regularly to remove dirt and debris.
If you are considering installing a skylight, it is important to talk to a roofing contractor such as RFPM Roofing to get free and impartial professional advice.
Roofing * Roof Repairs * Roof Installations * Roof Cleaning * Anything Roof Related
Roof Cleaning to remove moss and lichens
Chimney repair and Repointing
Swindon roof verge repaired by RFPM roofing
Chimney installations and repairs
Replace and Repair missing tiles
Why Choose RFPM Roofing?
24/7 Emergency Call-outs
We are the roofing team on hand to help when you need us most.
Professional & experienced roofing team
We are Google guaranteed, provide 15 year warranties on all new roofs and have over 40+ Years experience in the roofing trade.
You have peace of mind knowing that all our work is fully insured.
Guaranteed same day response
We will always respond to enquiries and pride ourselves on our reliability.
We always recommend you get quotes before getting your roof repaired or installed. We are confident that we will be able to match or beat any quote you already have!
We can give you a free roof survey to highlight any potential issues and we always provdie free no obligation quotes for any work required.
Roofing Testimonials from fixing and repairing Roofs
Leaking Roof Repaired
"Happy customer no more leaking roof. You Showed up on time, gave me a quote. All round a good job! Highly recommend."
Reparied misaligned roof tile
“Robert is a lovely guy. Turned up when he said he would. Quote was realistic and fair. Work completed on time and to a good standard. Communication throughout was excellent. Would highly recommend.”
"You were recommended by a friend and did a great job at a great price. You put new lead around my chimney and stopped my leek straight away. would definitely recommend you!"